Quontic, a growing federally chartered digital bank & CDFI lender, is seeking experienced sales leaders that have the drive and skills to succeed! We are currently hiring Mortgage Lending Loan Officers for our lending sales team located in mid-town Manhattan, Astoria and Melville, New York.
If you’re a passionate, aggressive & career minded Mortgage Loan Officer/Originator who is looking for an opportunity that offers unlimited earnings & sales management growth potential, then we’d like to meet with you! In addition to our standard products offered, such as Conventional, Agency, FHA & HECM Mortgage Lending products, we have one of the best Portfolio Lending programs! Check out our full suite of products at QuonticBank.com.
These qualified Loan Officers will be responsible for proactively developing new residential lending business to meet established loan quality and production goals. The seasoned sales professionals will identify, develop and maintain a network of relationships and community efforts that serve as valuable, reoccurring, referral sources. The Loan Officers will possess excellent customer service skills and have a proven track record of meeting client expectations while achieving established production goals.
- 2-4 years of loan origination experience;
- Associates degree preferred;
- Strong relationship building skills, solid verbal and written communication skills, effective listening and time management skills;
- Must have the ability to take accurate and thorough loan applications that comply with company procedures;
- Consistently meet or exceeded sales goals in prior sales role;
- Must be able to multi-task by originating new loans and also manage previous loan pipeline that includes prospects, commitments and in the process of being closed;
- Must adhere to and have working knowledge of compliance, bank regulatory policies and procedures;
- Experience with Encompass and computer applications a plus.
- Originate mortgage loans and informs loan clients of the Bank’s guidelines and regulations;
- Responsible for managing and maintaining a current pipeline of clients;
- Attend weekly Sales Meetings and meets with reporting manager regularly to discuss active pipeline;
- Negotiate loan terms and structures with products that best fit client’s needs;
- Complete compliance training and NMLS requirements in required time frame as required by the Bank;
- Take thorough and complete mortgage applications;
- Use interpersonal and communication skills to generate referral business, leads, and relationships with current and past clients with Real Estate Professionals;
- Analyze and prequalify applicants credit, income and assets to determine eligibility of the desired loan program;
- Effectively explain and communicate the terms of the product to the applicants;
- Ensure all documents necessary are signed by the borrower;
- Gather all initial documentation based on the selected loan program;
- Work with loan processor to provide any letters of explanation or additional documentation requested by the underwriter to clear all conditions and close each loan.
What We Offer
- Competitive commission & bonus structure including bi-weekly salary draw;
- Comprehensive benefits package including 401(k) matching contributions;
- Transparent pricing model;
- Cutting-edge point of sales solution, integrated website & mortgage application; and latest marketing technology;
- In-house digitally-driven operations; Ability to broker out loans; Minimal over-lays;
- Remote & on-site opportunities nationwide;