Quontic, a growing federally chartered digital bank, is seeking a seasoned and highly engaged Vice President/Controller to join our Finance team reporting to our Manhattan corporate office, working directly with our Chief Financial Officer and Executive team. The qualified Controller establishes, coordinates, and maintains an accounting system that properly reflects the financial position of the financial institution. The position is responsible for managing the day-to-day responsibilities of the Accounting team, account and branch reconciliations, allocations, and balance sheet analytics.
- Oversees preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual Board and financial reports ( including metrics);
- Produce annual GAAP audited financial statements and footnotes;
- Call report and federal reserve filings; Allowance for Loan Loss Calculation;
- Lead and coordinate with external auditors, internal auditors, and the tax group to ensure that all deliverables are provided on a timely basis;
- Responsible for financial reporting, financial analyses, cash management and forecasting reports;
- Makes recommendations to the President & COO/CIO to improve financial institution cost control and accounting functions, if necessary;
- Manages Accounting department staff;
- Supervises accounting functions for the financial institution;
- Ensures that the financial institution’s accounting procedures are in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles;
- Secretary for ALCO and Funds Management Committees;
- Assists with lease negotiation and major purchasing decisions;
- Responsible for regulatory and internal financial reporting, financial analyses, cash management, budget and forecasting reports;
- Uses analytical and budgeting skills and willingness for promotional growth as the position and company develops.
- Certified Management Accountant;
- Accounting or finance college or MBA graduate;
- Minimum of 10 years or more of related experience;
- Leadership abilities and “importance of team” to contribute to success of Accounting department and Bank;
- Positive and “can-do attitude” to deliver on critical goals and directed changes;
- Superior knowledge and experience of consumer banking financial institution policies and procedures;
- Excellent analytical and forecasting ability;
- Dividend and shareholder experience and relations required;
- Superior management and organizational skills;
- Superior knowledge of Excel and advanced functional requirements;
- Advanced applications knowledge of FIS (Horizon); BankTel; Accounts payable and other accounting functions;
- Experience understanding multiple consumer banking and lending departments;
- Board & Management Committee member requirements (ALCO; Audit; IT).
What We Offer:
- Highly competitive salary, quarterly performance bonus structure commensurate with performance based on targets & Key Performance Indicators ( KPI’s);
- Opportunity for unlimited growth working directly with Executive Management team and development of Acounting team;
- Comprehensive benefits package available including employer 401(k) matching contributions.