Quontic, a growing federally chartered digital bank and mortgage lender is currently seeking a highly motivated and seasoned Loan Officer Assistant to join our reverse mortgage lending sales team, reporting to our Melville office. The qualified candidate will assist the Loan Officer from the beginning of the application to closing by working closely with the underwriters, processors and the applicants throughout the entire process. They will also be responsible for preparing and packaging loans from beginning of application to closing, including verification of all documentation submitted.
- Provide a high level of assistance to customers, assist and maintain contact with clients, realtors, financial planners, attorneys, and any third party to maintain and deepen the relationships to foster new business opportunities;
- General office and administrative function associated with reverse lending and sales assistance;
- Assist the Loan Officer in inputting information in Encompass and to verify accuracy of the data;
- Receive mortgage applications from Loan Officer and review all information for accuracy of the data to properly send initial and final disclosures to the applicant, order flood certifications and fraud guard reports;
- Review files submitted to verify all required documentation needed has been supplied to submit to processing;
- Upon receipt of file from underwriter work closely with Loan Officer to obtain and review all documentation received by applicants requested by the underwriter;
- Verify with third parties such as employers, banking institutions, credit bureaus and any other sources to make sure all information provided is accurate;
- Assist in the coordination of Loan Officer’s marketing and webinars;
- Schedule events and work with third parties on all collaboration of events.
- Minimum of 3 years of loan officer administrative assistance and mortgage lending processing experience;
- Understanding of agency guidelines and processing;
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to function efficiently and effectively under deadlines and stress while maintaining a professional and mature profile;
- Detail-oriented with the ability to problem-solve and prioritize to meet deadlines;
- Outstanding people skills and strong customer service commitment;
- Must have proficiency with all Microsoft office and general computer/application skills;
- Strong work ethic and organizational skills.
What we Offer:
- Competitive base rate and monthly performance incentives commensurate with experience and skills;
- Unlimited opportunities for promotion and career growth;
- Comprehensive benefits package available, including 401(k) Matching contributions.