Quontic is the adaptive digital bank that empowers its customers financially while embracing their diverse circumstances. Quontic’s mission to break the system for financial empowerment stands in the face of big banks and proves there is a better and more equitable way to put the customer first. We focus on truly understanding and serving the underdogs, entrepreneurs, gig-economy workers, immigrants, and more with a curated banking experience as opposed to a one-size-fits-all banking approach.
We are currently seeking motivated and dependable Full-time Controller.
What we are looking for:
Quontic Bank is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic individual for this analytical role. The ideal candidate will possess a strong knowledge of both generally accepted accounting principles and regulatory accounting principles. As importantly, they will need to understand the underlying numbers, be willing to challenge the numbers, and tell the story behind them.
- -The ability to work independently, perform under pressure, remain flexible, align priorities and meet deadlines is crucial to this role;
- -Strong interpersonal skills and professional demeanor;
- -A positive “can-do attitude”
- -Be able to think creatively and challenge the status quo
Your Primary Responsibilities Include:
- -Supervise members of the accounting department
- -Responsible for financial reporting, financial analyses, cash management, budget and forecasting reports
- -Ensure timely and accurate close of the Company’s monthly general ledger and financials
- -Produce monthly financial statements, variance reports, and Board reports
- -Assist with the creation of the Company’s annual audited financial statements and footnotes
- -Prepare Call Report and Federal Reserve regulatory filings
- -Prepare the Allowance for Loan Loss reports and assist in determining the appropriate loan loss reserves
- -Lead and coordinate with external auditors, internal auditors, and the tax group to ensure that all deliverables are provided on a timely basis
- -Review of journal entry posting, account and branch reconciliations, and fixed assets
- -Secretary for various of the Company’s committees, including the Asset-Liability Committee and the Funds Management Committee
- -Ensure that the company’s accounting policies and internal control procedures are in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and regulatory accounting principles
- -Stay up to date on the latest news and trends across the financial services industry, and maintain knowledge of current accounting standards and practices
- -Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required. MBA degree helpful.
- -Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license or Certified Management Accountant (CMA) Certification required.
- -Minimum of 10 years or more of banking industry experience.
- -Understanding the “importance of team” to the success of the accounting department and Company.
- -Ability to communicate with non-accountants at all levels inside our organization
- -Excellent analytical skills.
- -Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, with advanced Excel skills;
- -Superior organizational skills
- -Knowledge of FIS Horizon banking platform and BankTel systems helpful.